Cleansing Your Crystals
There are several methods of cleaning stones for metaphysical use:
1. Stones can be held in running water or left in the rain or held in a creek.
2. Pass the stone in the smoke of sandalwood or sage incense or smudge stick.
3. Pass the stone over the flame of a white candle.
4. Bury the stone in salt or the earth overnight.
5. Stones can be placed on sea salt in a spot where the moonlight will fall on it (either outside or on a windowsill).
6. Stones can be placed on a crystal cluster and put in the sunlight.
7. Add one teaspoon of Kosher or sea salt to one cup of warm water. Soak the stones in the salt water for 3 hours on a windowsill or outside where the sun shines. Air dry. Caution: This method can damage the polish of some stones.